SCAMPS Course - 24th November 2017
Anaesthetist Delegate Registration (Non-Health Education East of England)
Nurse Delegate Registration
ODP Delegate Registration
Paediatrician Delegate Registration (Non-Health Education East of England)
Tel: 01245 684150
SCAMPS - Sick Children Acute Multi-Professional Simulation
Multidisciplinary training for all who manage acutely unwell or critically injured children.
A full day of simulated practice at managing paediatric emergencies. Work as part of a team alongside your colleagues in our high fidelity simulation suite – exactly as you do in real life!
Suitable for Paediatricians, Paediatric nurses, A&E doctors and nurses, Recovery nurses, Critical care doctors and nurses, Anaesthetists and ODPs
- High fidelity paediatric scenarios commonly encountered in the DGH.
- Delegates perform in their own roles as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Structured debrief on both clinical and human factors, highlighting effective team skills.
- SCAMPS is about learning, not assessment
SCAMPS addresses the Department of Health’s recommendation that all personnel involved in the care of the critically sick child in the district general hospital are able to:
- Recognise the critically sick or injured child;
- Initiate appropriate immediate treatment;
- Work as part of a team;
- Maintain and enhance skills;
- Be aware of issues around safeguarding children; and
- Communicate effectively with children and carers.
(The acutely or critically sick or Injured child in the District General Hospital. A team response.DoH, 2007)
SCAMPS is facilitated by Senior Paediatric nurses, Paediatricians, ODPs and Consultant Anaesthetists from Broomfield and Southend Hospitals.
Course Director Course Director : Dr Joseph Hussey