Fee payable for borrowing equipment from the Department of Life Sciences. Please only pay this fee if you have confirmed the equipment loan with Jackie Bodimead.
If you have any queries please contact Jackie Bodimead firstname.lastname@example.org
Conditions of borrowing equipment from the Department of Life Sciences
1. Equipment from the Department can only be borrowed by Life Sciences students to support fieldwork or other activities linked to a specific Life Sciences module. It is not available for ‘private’ use.
2. All equipment borrowed from the Department of Life Sciences remains the property of the Department.
3. Equipment is loaned on the understanding that full responsibility for maintaining that equipment in good order rests with the borrower.
4. All equipment loans require the payment of a £25 deposit. A single deposit may cover several small items of equipment, but where more valuable equipment is borrowed a larger deposit may be required.
6. The deposit will be refunded to the borrower subject to the equipment being returned in an undamaged state and on time (see below). Where equipment is not returned in a reasonable condition the deposit will not be refunded.
5. All equipment borrowed for use during vacation periods must (by default) be returned by first day of the subsequent teaching semester. Failure to make the return on time will result in forfeiture of the deposit payment.
6. Other equipment not required for teaching must still be returned by an agreed date. Failure to return the equipment by the agreed date will result in the forfeiture of the deposit payment.
7. Where equipment is not returned by the specified date or is returned in an unusable condition, the borrower will be liable for the full cost of the equipment (as new, at current prices). Any such requirement for payment will appear as a debt to the University. If the borrower does not clear the debt then the usual University sanctions will apply in relation to non-disclosure of results and prevention of graduation.
By paying the equipment loan deposit you are agreeing to abide by the above conditions for borrowing equipment from the Department of Life Sciences, Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge.